INNOVATION AND NETWORKS EXECUTIVE AGENCY (INEA)
The 2019 CEF Energy Work Programme will contribute to the further development and implementation of projects of common interest (PCIs) in the energy sector, namely in electricity (including smart grids), gas and cross-border carbon dioxide networks.
The grants under CEF Energy will help to achieve the broader energy policy objectives of:
- increasing competitiveness by promoting the further integration of the internal energy market and the interoperability of electricity and gas networks across borders;
- enhancing the Union security of energy supply, and
- contributing to sustainable development and protection of the environment, inter alia by the integration of energy from renewable sources and by the development of smart energy networks and carbon dioxide networks.
All the information about 2019 CEF Energy general objectives and actions planned for 2019 can be found in the Work Programme and its annex adopted on 20 March 2019.
The 2019 CEF Energy call for proposals makes €750 million available to finance projects of common interest geared at the following objectives:
- Ending energy isolation
- Increasing competitiveness by promoting the integration on the internal energy market and the interoperability of electricity and gas networks across borders
- Enhancing the Union’s security of supply
- Integrating energy from renewable sources and developing smart energy networks
- Eliminating energy bottlenecks
- Completion of the internal energy market
- Contributing to sustainable development and protection of the environment, inter alia by the integration of energy from renewable sources and by the development of smart energy networks and cross-border carbon dioxide networks
The 2019 call was published on 20 March and a virtual information day will take place early April 2019. More information on the exact date and timing will follow shortly.